KYBELLA® may be right for you:
- If you’re bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- If you feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- If you eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
- If you want a non-surgical and permanent solution
If you are planning on having Kybella, or have had it done recently please see our patient instructions page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many treatments will I need?
Dr. Huang will create a tailored treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each treatment, you will be given multiple small injections under your chin. You may receive up to 6 treatment sessions, spaced at least 1 month apart. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 KYBELLA® treatments. 59% of patients received 6 treatments in clinical studies.
What are the possible side effects?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. In clinical studies, nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days). The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness around the treatment area.
How long will results last?
When injected into fat under the chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After reaching your desired aesthetic, further treatment is not expected.
Who should not be treated with Kybella?
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- On blood thinners